Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It has been a while…

Christmas was very nice, Kaleigh Rae got way to many toys, baby dolls and clothes. Cheech and I got her a toddler bed, which she is not yet sleeping in.



New Years was fun, Kaleigh went to her Nana’s and Papa Shields house while Cheech and I went to a redneck party and got smashed. I say this because I rarely drink outside of the house, but what the heck it was New Years.

Snow… Lots of snow, I love the snow. We have been slammed by the snow this year. Our first snowfall about was 15 inches. We normally do not get 15 inches all winter. Kaleigh went out in the snow for few minutes and did not really care for it. Maybe because it was the first time she had to put on her snow pants, big rubber boots and gloves… so I guess she was a little shocked at it all..

However, by the time the next snowstorm came she was ready. We went out side and played… She actually went down Gigi’s back yard on a sled…by herself. Not just once, she went down about five times. Here is a video. Oh and did I mention that she LOVED it!




Then came the power outages after the snow. Cheech went all out before the snowstorm… he went and filled up our Propane tank for heat and pulled out our generator (which was a landfill find) and got it running. Thank Goodness he did because we were out of power for over 30 hours. Kaleigh was a good sport, she slept in between Cheech, Abby, Piper and I in the bed. I did not sleep to well but everyone else did.


A few weeks later, SURPRISE my mother-n-law is on her way to Virginia from Colorado to be with her kids and grandkids. She stayed at our house for 3 weeks until she found an apartment. It was a little crazy for a while. Our house is not as big with four people in it. However, I did not have to do much laundry or wash dishes while she was living with us. Sort of like a mini vacation.

A week after she moved Cheech and I both came down with the Stomach Flu. It was the worst thing I believe I have ever gone through. I first came down with it around 12 am… Cheech woke up to me in the bathroom and then he was hovering over the toilet… I will not go into any more details... When we woke up the next morning, I feared that Kaleigh had the same thing, since that night she threw up once. After she got up that morning I was so weak I laid on the couch watching her play. I changed her diaper and that was about it. After she showed no signs of this horrible bug, I called my dad and he took her on to Mrs. Betty’s (her daycare). Then that evening we were still deathly sick so Gigi picked Kaleigh up from daycare and took her to her house to spend the night and take her to Daycare the next day. I have the best family ever!!! Cheech and I finally came around the next day. They only good thing that came out of the whole thing was I lost a good 10 pounds!!

On February 12th Kaleigh was officially 18 months old! OMG how the time flies by, it feels like yesterday I had her. We did not do much for her 18th month birthday but we did go and get her pictures taken

Then on February 24th Cheech turned 26!! I threw him a surprise party at the house. We had a lot of fun, about 10 of his friends showed up and I got him an éclair cake, which was awesome!!

Last but not least Kaleigh is now climbing up and down stairs herself, she will finally keep a hair bow in her hair, she loves to sing her ABC’s even though she can only say A B C … and hum the rest, she is peeing in the potty more often and she loves to stand on her potty at the bathroom sink and brush her teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment